Are you passionate about learning? Have a hobby or a skill you’d like to share with others? Become an OLLI Instructor!
“I hardly remember in nearly thirty-five years in the classroom teaching and engaging with such an enthusiastic group of learners. I’m not sure who did the bulk of the learning, me or them.”
– Dr. Kevin Fitzpatrick, Professor in Sociology and the Jones Chair in Community
“Teaching the OLLI members is a wonderful experience. They pay attention, ask questions and actively engage in learning.”
– Dr. Malcolm K. Cleaveland, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of Geography Tree-Ring Laboratory
PROPOSE A COURSE
Have an idea for a class? We accept course proposals from anyone with an invested interest or extensive knowledge in a subject area, a desire to share that knowledge and passion and a joy for lifelong learning.
Currently we are accepted course proposals for the spring 2017 semester. Fill out a Course Proposal Form and hit the submit button to send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TYPES OF CLASSES
- Study Group (1-3 sessions)
- Out & About (1 day trip)
- Lecture (1 session, may be held at night)
- Special Series/Event (part of an ongoing topic)
- Workshop (hands-on instruction)
- Dine & Discover (1 session during lunch)
- Course (4 or more sessions)
TEACHING COMPENSATION OPTIONS
Many of our instructors elect to donate their instructional time to OLLI, and we encourage you to do the same. The generous donation of time and effort to the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute entitles you as a faculty volunteer instructor to a number of perks and freebies! Below are additional compensation options.
- Donate your services
- Instructor certificate
- Payment ($25 per instructional hour)
- Use as community service for Tenure
- Mileage reimbursement