Share your expertise with an audience hungry for learning and lively discussion. If you are an expert in your field or passionate about your hobby, we would love for you to teach a course. Our instructors include current and retired University of Arkansas faculty, distinguished community members and other experts. They share their knowledge and insights on a wide variety of thought-provoking topics and cultural experiences driven by member interest. Our instructors leave the classroom saying it’s like no other teaching experience.
Teach in One or More Class Formats
- Lectures — One-time events covering timely, stimulating and engaging topics.
- Courses — Multisession programs designed for rigorous exploration into broad topics.
- Dine and Discovers — Our widely popular luncheon series brings participants together to explore timely, stimulating topics while enjoying a meal together, often with the menu related to the subject. A perfect venue for instructors who would be interested in sharing cultural experiences.
- Out and Abouts — From the world of business and industry to the great outdoors and on to the region’s art scene, our field trip series allows members to learn onsite and engage in a variety of experiences.
- Study Groups — A two- to three-part series that covers a variety of subjects and engages participants in deep discussion.
- Workshops — Fun, hands-on classes where participants actively engage in the course topic. Participants often leave with something they’ve created to take home!
Teacher Compensation Options
Many of our instructors do elect to donate their instructional time to OLLI, but we would like to give everyone our compensation options.
- Donate your services
- Instructor certificate
- Payment ($25 per instructional hour)
- Use as community service for Tenure
- Mileage reimbursement
Propose a Course
Have an idea for a class? Fill out a Course Proposal (via Google form) and tell us all about it!
Teaching the OLLI members is a wonderful experience. They pay attention, ask questions and actively engage in learning.
— (pictured above) Malcolm K. Cleaveland, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of Geography, Tree-Ring Laboratory, University of Arkansas
I hardly remember in nearly 35 years in the classroom teaching and engaging with such an enthusiastic group of learners. I’m not sure who did the bulk of the learning, me or them.
— Kevin Fitzpatrick, Ph.D., University Professor of sociology, holder of the Bernice Jones Endowed Chair in Community and director of the Community and Family Institute, University of Arkansas
Volunteer to Teach
If you enjoy teaching others or want to share your knowledge with others, contact OLLI at 479-575-4545 or
email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Even simpler would be to complete the Prospective Teacher Contact Form below.